Back in 2010, a report came out that stated that more than 1 billion people did not have access to electricity. This was a shocking number to me, but I suppose the one benefit is that they’ll never risk an electrical fire or have to pay for retrofit panel updates. I’ve lived in this single-family home for 47 and a half years now and have not updated the electrical system since the home was built. In addition to that, last winter, a tree fell on the house and damaged the electrical system. When the bathroom toilet flushes, the light flickers. When the blender is on, the microwave needs to be unplugged. Lastly, power has completely crapped the bed in the basement. I’m not a millennial, but I tried to be one for about a week. I spent 23 hours watching YouTube videos trying to figure out how to fix my electrical wiring so I didn’t have to call someone. In hindsight that was probably a tremendous waste of time. Even after watching all these videos, I don’t know how to update an electric panel and I really have zero interest in being shocked to death. People think it’s a joke, but thousands of people are electrocuted each year and I don’t plan to be one of them. My Albany home is situated on Central Avenue just down the road from Colonie Center Mall, Ralph’s Italian Restaurant, and Kurver Kreme’s ice cream shop. Being in the Capital Region, there are plenty of local electricians in the area. But in my opinion, Albany Electricians is the only company to call, especially for electric panel retrofitting. Albany Electricians provides electrical services to homes and businesses in Albany, and they are the only electrical company I trust to get the job done. The last electrician I had in my house messed up the wiring and nearly burned the house down. It was completely unacceptable, and I had to call the corporate office to get a refund. Albany’s leading electrician (AE), was a different story. They sent over Lloyd Mathers, an experienced electrician that used to run his own contracting company based out of Latham. Lloyd looks at the panel, laughed, and then got to work. The panel updates took about an hour, and then he was done. $80 was absolutely nothing to pay for such efficient, quality work. This is why you hire a professional instead of trying to do everything yourself. I understand that some people think it’s manly or whatever, but let’s be honest – what is that pride doing for you when you die of shock? Absolutely nothing.
Tree Damages Electrical System at Clifton Park NY Home
What Are The Dos & Don’ts In Tree Pruning ?
Maintaining the beauty of your property will come down to not just the regular mowing or waste management. It will also depend on how often you clear the debris and leaves off the courtyard and the garden. You must be careful when handling these tasks by yourself as they will involve sharp tools. The best way to get it done is by hiring an expert team. Pruning a tree according to the National Standards of your country will result in better maintenance patterns throughout the life of the tree.
Looking through the options of good service in your city will give you a clear idea of what and how you must approach this process. The websites of the different services will offer you tips to get it done without much damage. But it goes without saying that hiring them will provide greater results without you having to put much effort into it. Let us look at the dos and don’ts in tree pruning.
• As mentioned earlier, complying with the National Standards for tree pruning is imperative in order to avoid further legal issues. When consulting a tree company for advice or service, ask them the different requirements. You may not find it easy to prune the tree down according to the rules. Try employing the best service for the task by checking their approach to the pruning process. The American National Standards Institute has devised certain rules and patterns for tree pruning, which are to be followed while getting it done. Ask your arborist if this is being complied with; if they do, make sure to check if the estimate they create for the work is in accordance with ANSI A300.
• Pruning should always be done in stages to reduce the risks involved. The experts will know how to handle the process. Poor pruning can cause massive damage to the tree and the property. This could last for several years, affecting the life of the tree. So, pruning must be done with deft hands, meaning you must employ the best service in town.
• Make it a point to check your trees after every rain and storm. Since there are high chances for the trees to be damaged or slightly struck by the bad weather, it is important that you assess the trees to see if pruning is needed.
• Never prune a tree without a good reason.
• When more than 25% of foliage is produced during the growing season, do not remove the amount appearing to be excess.
• Do not prune a newly planted tree unless dead branches need to be removed.
• Never try pruning within 10 feet of a utility conductor.
• Do not use climbing spikes to climb the tree.
• The inner branches and foliage shouldn’t be stripped out.
• Pruning with a chain saw and ladder work shouldn’t be attempted without pros at your property.
4 Tips To Choose The Right Tree Service
Every industry has scams, and it is so undeniably true that many people often get conned by the fraudulent schemes offered over the internet. Tree services are offered across the globe to clear the gardens and courtyards of the overgrowth of leaves and branches. Although the methods and technologies used in cutting and maintaining the trees differ from one country to another, the basic approach will remain. When you want to prune a tree on your property, the first option would be contacting a company in your city.
DIY projects are also adopted by a lot of people these days, though such tasks cannot be easily done like many others. The obvious choice will be the best service available in your town, but you may not land on the right option unless you check through all the features of the company. Certain necessary steps must be taken in order to avoid tree service scams and less desirable results. Here are a few tips for choosing the right tree service for your needs.
1. Insurance and Business Bureau Certification
When making a list of the best tree services in your city, make sure all of them offer appropriate insurance for the workers. The company could be fraudulent if it hesitates to send all certificates of insurances directly to you. You will be liable if an accident occurs and the company has no proper insurance. The company should also be accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Ensure that the service is in good standing with the BBB.
2. The Reputation of the Company
See if the companies on your list are members of a reputable trade association. Some basic research will help you find more about the services and reputation of the best tree companies in your locality. Make sure to look through the years of experience the company has gained, and you must also check if there are complaints regarding the services offered. Expensive projects will require more extensive research.
3. Do Not Go for Cheap Services
Who wouldn’t like to get their work done at a low cost? But cheap rates shouldn’t always be the criteria for selecting a company for your needs. Try and settle for the options that offer you chances to bargain. In most cases, companies with no experience and proper insurances tend to provide services at low rates. So, never go for services offering cheap tree pruning plans.
4. Door-to-Door Sales Shouldn’t be Encouraged.
Tree services should never be about the door-to-door sales strategy adopted by many other companies. Never encourage such businesses because they only offer products and services without physical evidence of the quality of work. This should be especially true for large tree removal projects. Always rely on companies registered to the BBB; contact them through their site to get an estimate of the works to be completed on your property.